Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Don't Break Your Hip in Beijing 
by Keily and Biyu


Admiring the beauty from the Qing dynasty, we explored Dowager Cixi's summer palace. As the wind blew through our hair and we set forth the detail that each part of the palace possessed. We then encountered and began hearing a group of Chinese chants.  We thought to ourselves, what in the world could they possibly be singing and where is it all coming from? We followed the sound above a couple of stairs that allowed us to enjoy the beautiful areas of the palace. We found a group of elders with joy and passion for the words they sang. The passion of their voice filled our hearts with joy. The music stopped and our minds raced with many thoughts as the announcer called out, "Prepare for the dance." Welcoming elders filled the dance floor with smiles across their faces that made us want to join in on the fun. The sound of music filled our  ears as they began to pull us into the dance floor with their warm hands. Before we knew it, we were swinging our bodies back and forth to the rhythm of the music. Happiness and smiles was all around us. Our bodies were moving to the music and our hearts were filled with joy. At the moment it felt like the world just stopped beneath our feet  as we danced to the never-ending songs that let us laugh, question, laugh at ourselves, and also see an insight on what it is the older generation does.

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! Your description is wonderful. What a wonderful experience! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I think i was really nice how you connected with the older generations in China. I feel like when you're there, a part of the whole package is experiencing some of the old culture, and that was a fun way to do it. (i peeped how you threw in some Chinese History stuff from last year. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you're describing this makes me jealous. The Chinese culture seems full of joy and harmony. I wish we had festivals like that. Just singing, dancing, and having fun without any problems. It's even more interesting because it's older people. They're so full of life and happy. That warms my heart (: Hope you guys are enjoying yourselves. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you described this. It's interesting to hear how you connected with other generations. Even though the languages and cultures are different you communicated with them through ease. You found a way to do something both of the people of the cultures enjoy while learning more about how dancing affects the Chinese culture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I absolutely love this! This makes me feel like I'm actually in China with you guys. The way you describe it is so amazing and I'm so glad you guys are learning about the culture of China. I hope you guys are able to attend more festivals and parades. Have fun everyone and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The way you guys all describe your experiences are amazing! It really does give me a sense of how its like, almost as if I were there like Maritza said. Everything by far is just so full of joy and laughter it sounds like so much fun. I hope you guys continue to enjoy your time as much as you can because before you know it you'll be back! We all miss you soo much!!! See you soon and take LOTS of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds amazing. It makes me feel like I'm there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The details that you give make me wish I was there there with you!!,I remember learning about dowager cixi!!,it's amazing how you are experiencing things that we learned about. I miss you guys so much and I can wait for you guys to come back

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post. I'm glad tohear that you guys are having a lot of fun. By the way, were they dancing because of a holiday at the time?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Biyu did you actually dance, that's unbelievable ! I would never be able to, what kind of dance was it? Were you able to keep up? Haha have fun !- Alex nizet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im so jealous! This sounds like the perfect outdoor trip nothing but peace and trees. based off this, when i picture china i still think of all the old traditional ways of harmony and welcoming. I love to see a village where the people actually look after one in another. it could be in the smallest way but it'll still have a big impact.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats nice that you guys got the opportunity to understamd how the different generations in China enjoy themself. This sounds like a fun experience.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow I never knew the older generation had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's interesting to see the difference between the activities of elders of different nations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The older generation seem in such peace with themselves and comfortable in the way they look at life. This sounds like such a beautiful scenery

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol the amount of description in this blog post is cute. Miss you Keily!!
    China has a tendency to make you feel like time stops. Its amazing how unreal it can feel and I'm very glad you two are getting a chance to see how beautiful China is. Take a lesson from the elder and dance like no one else is watching...

    ReplyDelete